14.4.10

Where in the World is Dangerously Overeducated?

Hello everyone! Apart from the random musings and news links, I haven't done a status update on myself and where I am professionally or academically lately. So, here it is. The first semester in the SJSU Library Science program turned out to be my last. I found it to be mind-numbingly boring, and couldn't imagine another semester let alone another few years. So, no Marian the Librarian for me.

Which leaves me - um - unemployed and bored as Hell. Well, under-employed. I work weekends at a job that requires none of my hard-earned (and freakin' expensive!) education; but it was a nice, peaceful, sort-of-posh place to land for a while. And it gets me out of the house two days a week. As for a "real" job, what recruiters and HR people call a "career" I dunno. I really don't know where I want to go from here. There are a couple of PhD programs I'm looking into, but I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of being a student again. I just want to be a grown-up with a job and income, and responsibilities to someone other than myself for a change.

And here's where my dear, old seminary comes into play. I recently applied for a position as the Associate Director of Admissions. If I get this job, you all know what that means: fresh material for the blog!!! I'll keep you posted...