21.4.08

Pointed Rant

Second Class Citizens:

I registered for fall classes last week. I managed to get a couple of my first choices, but then had to settle for a couple of my second choices. It would be nice if the MTS students who only have two more semesters could have priority registration, but no. The earliest times are reserved for the MDiv students who's program is three years, not two as ours is. And judging by what I've witnessed so far, they could use the extra year...or four.

This is not just me. Apparently this is a perennial gripe of MTS students here. And lately there has been a rumor swirling about that they are considering discontinuing the MTS program altogether. Well, sometimes it seems like they are doing everything they can to inconvenience, irritate, and drive us away. We are the minority by a wide margin. But still...we pay the same tuition and we are here because we want to be here, which is more than I can say for many of the MDiv students who seem to resent having to be here and endure all the unorthodox hoopla in order to become Methodist ministers. Well, if it's just so damned awful, find another denomination. There are plenty of churches around where the pastor hasn't even graduated from high school.