16.3.08

Sermon of the Week

Yet another new feature I have decided to add. I'm sure you have all at one time or another received a joke e-mail with photos taken of various (usually Southern) church signboards with the title of the upcoming sermon, a quote from Scripture, or some other church community announcement that was funny (either intentionally or unintentionally), scary, intended to be clever, or just plain odd. I have decided to share with you the joy and the pain I experience as I pass by the numerous (and then some...) churches on my daily commute to Seminary. I know...I'm such a giving person, aren't I?

"Forbidden Fruit Makes Many Jams"

I like it. It's clever. Judging from the rather large people I see entering and exiting this church on any given Sunday, they firmly believe that all fruit is forbidden, and that jam goes best on fried chicken and cheese fries; not to mention those moist, soft, buttery biscuits....damn, I'm getting hungry...