11.10.07

No news is good news:

I realize it has been over a week since I last posted, and I have been feeling a little guilty about that. Think of it as filial piety. I feel a certain obligation to my (three) regular readers. But honestly, there hasn't been much to report. And in the grand theme of this blog, that may be a good thing...

There has been a certain amount of settling in that has been happening over the past few days. The rhythm of seminary life is taking hold: classes, dining hall, choir practice, service of word and table, meeting friends on the steps of the chapel to discuss, gripe, gossip, and joke about anything and everything.

I've also been quite busy. I regularly have over 100 pages to read a night, and a paper a week. That's a comparatively light course load, but things are starting to pick up. Midterms are right around the corner.

On top of this is the transition in the seasons, and soon the turning back of clocks. I always grow more introspective during this time. Autumn is my favorite season for many reasons, but it also seems to bring out the melancholy in me. Much has been on my mind of late, and none of it bears repeating. Or recording. Hence my electronic silence. Sorry if it sounds cryptic, but perhaps some day soon there will be a deluge of verbiage the likes of which Blogspot has never before witnessed! I hope their server can handle it. Wouldn't want to crash the whole system. Then those bloggers would REALLY have something to bitch about.

As always, my faithful readers, stay tuned...